Have fun and learn with the family!
El Limonar International School Villamartín opens its doors one Saturday a month from 10.30am to 12.30pm for a series of workshops and educational activities, free of charge, aimed at all those families wishing to spend some fun time together.
The activities are designed for families with boys and girls aged between 2 and 11, whether or not they are pupils of the school. Our aim is to create opportunities for parents and children to develop their skills, stimulate their creativity and above all learn through play.
- Who can attend? Any families and their friends are welcome to attend, whether they already form part of the El Limonar International School Villamartín community or not.
- When: Approximately one Saturday a month from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
- Where: At El Limonar International School Villamartín, where the school’s resources and facilities are available to ensure participating families get the very best out of each morning activity.
- How to sign up: Confirming attendance is very important as this allows us to programme the use of space and materials accordingly. Families are asked to sign up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|7th October 2017||Storytelling and encouraging reading|
|11th November 2017||Plasticine modelling|
|16th December 2017||Christmas biscuits workshop|
|27th January 2018||Puppets workshop|
|3rd March 2018||Cooking with the family|
|5th May 2018||Environment & Nature workshop|
The activities are designed for:
- Sharing quality time in enjoyable, educational activities as well as improving communication within the family.
- Integrating parents in their children’s education.
- Improving your child’s English and Spanish language skills by integrating use of the language within the family.
- Offering children different educational experiences which will help them in their development, encouraged by their parents and supported by the skills of our professionals.
STORYTELLING AND ENCOURAGING READING
Your tale characters
7th October 2017
With The Story Paradise company get ready to live a fun party where we will learn simple ballooning techniques.
Together we will create beautiful stories and stages transforming balloons into story characters that we can take home with us.
Which is your favourite animal?
11th November 2017
Parents and children will work together. In this workshop we will use our motor skills and imagination to model Little ducks, crocodiles, Little pigs and other funny animals. Aimed for children from 2 to 12 years old.
CHRISTMAS BISCUITS WORKSHOP
Unique sweets for everyone
16th December 2017
A Christmas classic! For another year we will have our wonderful biscuits workshop where adults and children will prepare, bake and decorate delicious biscuits full of colour and flavour. A touching Christmas present!
Make your own toys
27th January 2018
Make your fantasy come true by designing and building puppets with your own hands and recycled materials. Playful and creative activity to stimulate your child’s imagination.
COOKING WITH THE FAMILY
Our own “Masterchef”
3th March 2018
With the help of our chef, Rubén López and the expert cook Dolores Baró we will work on different techniques to elaborate and present sensational recipes with our children. Everything counts: ingredients, preparation and presentation. A workshop to be eaten!
ENVIRONMENT AND NATURE WORKSHOP
Taking care of the world around us
5th May 2018
Enjoying nature, while taking care of it, is a value that all of us want to share with our children. Generating ecological awareness requires a learning process and the best way is an amazing recycling workshop. All hands on deck!