Our commitment is to offer our pupils an integral education by balancing the acquisition of skills and knowledge with enjoyment and a sense of wellbeing. This stage of Education corresponds to the Early Years of the National Curriculum for England and Wales. The programme is based around four main aspects:
- The child as an individual: Each and every child is valued and respected and his or her needs are met.
- Positive relations: Children learn through secure relationships and it is essential a culture of communication between parents and staff.
- Optimum environment: The environment in which the children learn and play is a stimulating one, including the outdoor areas.
- Learning and development: The importance of learning through play cannot be underestimated while maintaining a balance between adult and child initiated activities.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Reading – Writing
- Knowledge of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design.
Weekly Subject Periods:Pupils follow the National Curriculum for England and Wales for subjects taught in English and the requirements of the Spanish Ministry of Education for subjects taught in Spanish. Early Years pupils spend approximately 80% of their day learning in English and the remaining 20% learning in Spanish.
Arrange a visit to our school!