EL LIMONAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VILLAMARTIN
El Limonar International School Villamartín is an international, British curriculum school for boys and girls with more than 500 pupils aged 3 – 18 of more than 35 different nationalities on roll. The facilities are located in Villamartín (San Miguel de Salinas – Alicante), only 12 kilometres away from Torrevieja and 25 kilometres from Orihuela.
The school follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales and prepares its pupils for further education both in Spain and abroad. About 80% of the school day is taught through English. That is all subjects except for Spanish Language and Culture, and a third language (French or German) from Year 5 onwards. The school values both the academic and social development of each pupil through individual attention and multilingualism.
By being an international British school, our students benefit from the best from two worlds: the sound foundation from the Spanish Curriculum and the innovation and hands-on character from the British Curriculum. As a result, students graduate from the school with dual official qualifications: at the end of Secondary, the British IGCSEs and the Spanish ‘Graduate in Compulsory Secondary Education’ certificate; and the Spanish ‘Baccalaureate’ certificate and English A-Level certificates, at the end of their Sixth Form studies. This, and their intercultural mindset allow them to apply successfully to the best universities around the world.
For further information...
- ELIS Villamartín hosts the Cognita Spain & Italy School Improvement Network meeting
- ELIS Villamartín, one of the best schools in Spain according to Forbes Magazine
- Broadening our students’ professional horizons!
- ELIS schools host visiting teachers from Chile through Cognita’s Learning without Borders programme
- Great success of our annual Christmas carol concert in Zenia Boulevard