Our school follows the National Curriculum for England and Wales in all subjects exceptLengua y cultura españolas, which is a Spanish national requirement. In the last two years of Secondary all students follow programmes of study that prepare them for IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) syllabus and examinations. As all our students study both the international curriculum requirements in English and the essential requirements of the Spanish curriculum, they all complete their Secondary education with dual certification in both the Spanish GESO (compulsory Secondary education) and UK/International systems.
KEY STAGE 3: Years 7 – 9Students study a broad range of subjects that follow the established British curriculum. This ensures that they develop skills and knowledge in a wide range of areas:
- English, Drama, Maths, Science, Computing, PE, Geography, History, Art and Music are all studied in English;
- Lengua y cultura españolas is studied in Spanish.
- All students also study French or German or Chinese.
- All tutor groups also have one period a week of cultural and sporting Enrichment activities and follow a comprehensive Assembly and Personal, Social & Health Education (PSHE) programme.
KEY STAGE 4: Years 10 & 11All students at El Limonar International School Murcia study a programme that combines a compulsory core of IGCSE subjects in English, and Lengua y cultura españolas in Spanish. They also choose a number of optional subjects that allow them to begin to focus their studies upon areas that they may wish to pursue in more detail in Years 12 & 13 (1º & 2º Bachillerato) and beyond.Compulsory core studies:
- English Language and CAE (Cambridge Advanced English)
- English Literature
- Lengua y cultura española
- French or German or Chinese
- Art & Design
- Modern World History