Learn more about our Early Years section
Early Years Curriculum
Our commitment: to provide the children with an all-round education, balanced with fun and care.
This stage is pre-National Curriculum and is called the Early Years. This is based on four main themes:
- A Unique Child: all children are valued and respected.
- Positive Relationships: children learn best from secure relationships and it is essential that there is a two-way culture of communication between parents and staff.
- Enabling Environment: we work hard to ensure that the whole environment, including the outdoors, is accessible and attractive to the children.
- Learning and Development: emphasis is placed on children learning through play, with a good balance of child-led and adult-led activities.
The programme is divided into seven areas of learning, providing a framework for the Early Years Curriculum, working towards early learning goals. The seven areas of learning are:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (Prime Area)
- Physical Development (Prime Area)
- Communication, Language and Literacy (Prime Area)
- Literacy (Specific Area)
- Mathematics (Specific Area)
- Understanding the World (Specific Area)
- Expressive Arts and Design (Specific Area)
The curriculum has been carefully planned so that children achieve these goals.
Arrange a visit to our school!