Today, we are immensely proud to announce that we have received notification of our Council of International Schools Accreditation, conferred by the CIS Board of Trustees. After obtaining Membership two years ago, Accreditation has now been granted as a result of ELIS Murcia demonstrating our alignment with the CIS Code of Ethics and Principles, and through our leadership in international education, sharing knowledge, embracing diverse perspectives and challenging ourselves to continuously improve. As you already know, after a deep process of self-evaluation, our school was visited by an accreditation team which rigorously analysed all academic and non-academic aspects of our school life.
CIS Accreditation is only granted to a school that:
- has a clear purpose and direction
- focuses on the quality of teaching and student progress
- prioritises student safeguarding and well-being
- is committed to global citizenship
- knows itself and has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, families and the community
- delivers what it promises
- is constantly seeking to improve its performance in all areas to achieve relevant learning outcomes for its students
- is devoted to its mission and vision for students, and adheres consistently to the CIS Code of Ethics
- plans strategically for the future
At El Limonar International School, we clearly see that the education we provide for our students must, first and foremost, open as many doors as possible for their lives after school has finished. We know that education must be a holistic experience that focuses as much on the development of self-esteem, social skills, thoughtfulness and the ability to reason and evaluate, as it does on pure academic achievement.
In order to promote this global awareness and citizenship, over two years ago we began our Accreditation process for the Council of International Schools (CIS). CIS is a membership community working collaboratively to shape international education through professional services to schools, higher education institutions, and individuals. In line with the ELIS Murcia educational principles, the CIS vision is to inspire the development of global citizenship through high quality international education: connecting ideas, cultures, students and educators. Furthermore, students from CIS accredited schools are very much appreciated by prestigious universities from all around the world.
Today, we can proudly state we are the third CIS accredited school in Spain, and the only one in the Levante area.